What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is in addition to main school funding, it was introduced in April 2011, and paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as being eligible for Free School Meals now or within the last 6 years, Looked after Children and children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces in Reception to Year 11.
Our Vision – At Burlish Park Primary School we strive to:
- provide opportunities for all of our students to engage in their learning and to acquire the skills and knowledge they need for future success
- use the Pupil Premium funding imaginatively and effectively to ensure that economic disadvantage for some students is not a barrier to success
- work with parents/carers throughout the year to make sure that all eligible students have been identified
- create and maintain a high profile of disadvantaged pupils amongst staff as a key accountability group
- work with teachers, parents/carers and the governing body to ensure that all eligible students make expected or better than expected progress through high quality teaching and meaningful feedback
- track the progress of disadvantaged pupils regularly, identify any barriers to learning and adjust interventions where required
- share best practice regarding Pupil Premium spend with schools to ensure the best student outcomes; leading the North Worcestershire Network Group for Pupil Premium
- improve the range and quality of the overall learning experience for disadvantaged pupils, including enrichment opportunities
Our Pupil Premium grant is £117,520.00 for the year 2016/2017.