What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is in addition to main school funding, it was introduced in April 2011, and paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as being eligible for Free School Meals now or within the last 6 years, Looked after Children and children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces in Reception to Year 11.
At Burlish Park, our Pupil Premium Lead and Designated Teacher for Looked After Children is Mrs Heather Lindley. Our Pupil Premium and Looked After Children School Improvement Board members (governors) are Mrs Keren Kelly and Mrs Sarah Bayliss.
Our Vision – At Burlish Park Primary School we strive to:
- provide opportunities for all of our students to engage in their learning and to acquire the skills and knowledge they need for future success
- use the Pupil Premium funding imaginatively and effectively to ensure that economic disadvantage for some students is not a barrier to success
- work with parents/carers throughout the year to make sure that all eligible students have been identified
- create and maintain a high profile of disadvantaged pupils amongst staff as a key accountability group
- work with teachers, parents/carers and the governing body to ensure that all eligible students make expected or better than expected progress through high quality teaching and meaningful feedback
- track the progress of disadvantaged pupils regularly, identify any barriers to learning and adjust interventions where required
- share best practice regarding Pupil Premium spend with schools to ensure the best student outcomes; leading the North Worcestershire Network Group for Pupil Premium
- improve the range and quality of the overall learning experience for disadvantaged pupils, including enrichment opportunities
Our Pupil Premium grant is £94,320 for the year 2018-2019.
Click here to see our Pupil Premium Strategy 2018-2019.
Click here to see our Pupil Premium strategy 2017-2018
Click here to view our Pupil Premium strategy 2016/2017
View our Charging and Remissions Policy